Tuesday, October 16, 2007

The Move

I've been toying around with the idea of getting rid of my Myspace.com account for probably about a year now. It started out as a thought, and then kinda bloomed into this whole ambitious undertaking that you see before you now.

My reasons for leaving myspace (for the second time) are far and wide: I was mostly tired of having to delete armies of cambot friend requests, the massive amounts of ads taking up space along the boarders of my home page, the frequent site crashes. I was pretty much disgusted with the site as a whole, from the people I would randomly come across and their shitty pages which made my urethra burn when I took the actual time to read what little they had to say; from fifteen year olds in parent's bathrooms wearing nothing but underwear, to creepy forty year olds sitting in front of their computer's web cam with goofy, sadistic looking grins on their faces, I had enough.

It was the cesspool of social networking sites. It was too big. It ballooned like a grotesque glutton, literally over two hundred-million pounds in size. The only thing that can save Myspace is self destruction. Tom needs to push the red button.

As I said before, this isn't the first time I've left myspace out of utter disgust. I left back in the summer of 2006 for a period of about ten weeks. I wanted to get away from the site for the above mentioned reasons and found it no longer useful to my day to day life.

But I went back, inexplicably; even now I can't imagine why I would've gone back. Maybe because people loved my writing and I had no other outlet that would let me write and post my pictures (both self portraits and random things, ad nauseum). Maybe I needed the attention? I'm not saying that I don't still need those things, I mean, c'mon people, this is me we're talking about. I just no longer want to piss in the same pool as hundred of millions of scrotes.

Call me an elitist. Whatever.

So I moved to Facebook, and started this new blog because Facebook doesn't support long drawn out ramblings filled with mixed metaphors and references to pharmaceutical abuse. I'm going to try to find a way to link both of these things together with some sort of feed or rss link, whatever, so I can keep fans informed of when I post.

Also, I took liberty in bringing over last months posts. Originally I wanted to bring over all my old articles so people could browse through at their leisure, especially after I'm gone off to training, but I hadn't realized how big my old blog was. And there was a lot of crap in their I didn't feel like re-visiting.

So below, there's maybe 5 or 6 recent posts, just to give this thing some momentum. Keep an eye out for new updates, maybe twice a week-maybe more, maybe less. And if you're on facebook, feel free to look me up.

No comments: